R.E.M.’s “Strange Currencies”
Vine is so weird. When I watch the mini-vids, I feel like my brain is spazzing out in some kind of “Groundhog Day” lucid dream.
They’re hilarious to watch, though — so hypnotic, absurd and badly cut. Though several friends contribute to Vinehood, Lisa has become the de-facto Viner of our group — especially at karaoke. I always return to these when I need a pick-me-up, so I’ve collected a eleven of my favorites for easy access.
* "Don’t Go Breakin’ My Heart" - https://vine.co/v/bnlVQd6jMLl - Nick gets a full line while I just make goofy faces.
* "Crocodile Rock" - https://vine.co/v/bnllQLZXX2b - Cat does a great job with Elton John while I shimmy behind my rig. This is what I look like all the time when I DJ, minus the cat ears.
* "The Necklace" - https://vine.co/v/b1KYze3ZAel - This is Ashlyn’s first Vine ever. I’m in the middle of telling everyone about my dream in which naked tribal ladies suddenly were clad in giant gold jewelry.
* "Single Ladies" part one - https://vine.co/v/bvBzabOBKDd - Cat dances in her puppy sweater and I throw an arm into the air. That’s about as animated as I get.
* "Single Ladies" part two - https://vine.co/v/bvBBPmpzBVA - We decided to dip.
* "Party in the USA" - https://vine.co/v/bY21gWYO0FH - I turn the end of my social media presentation into a karaoke session to encourage people to be memorable both online and off.
* “Ballroom Blitz” - https://vine.co/v/bDi1mMLFWMp - This is what happens when you wear a Wonder Woman outfit and force a guy who doesn’t know the song to perform with you.
* "Hysteria" - https://vine.co/v/hui0X3XHv2a - It’s not technically karaoke since I didn’t have the lyrics in front of me. Point and laugh as I royally screw up during a local game show.
* "Call Me Maybe" - https://vine.co/v/bTvp9QXvlQw - One of my older regulars asks me to sing this with him every week. This time, a few other ladies joined in.
* "Float On" - https://vine.co/v/bTv90vweab3 - The only reason I included this is because you get a great view of that sweet deer-hunting game that pokes into my neck and back every week.
* "You Oughta Know" - https://vine.co/v/hZh12Lew1qT - My idea of what Alanis Morissette’s and Stevie Wonder’s love child would be like.
Alanis Morissette’s “You Oughta Know”
Madonna’s “Material Girl”
Bryan Adams’ “Summer of ‘69”